Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

SecuRemote NT / Firewall-1 2.1

From: "McClure, Allen" <allen.mcclure () brite com>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 16:58:16 -0500

SecuRemote client v3.0a running on NT 4.0 SP3.  I've tried support calls.

It seems that the SecuRemote encryption service does a "late" start and
prevents the IP stack from starting on time to properly authenticate with
our domains.  Assuming a local profile exists, it'll use the cached copy and
complain about the domain controller not being reachable.

So far I've been able to make it work by either logging in locally or by
using a cached profile with domain account.  It then seems to reauthenticate
as appropriate and work fine.

Perhaps I can get it [SecuRemote Daemon] unbound from the Ethernet???
How...??

I've fought this for many hours, can any of you shed light???

95/98 works fine.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Allen G. McClure [mailto:allen.mcclure () brite com]
Internetwork Administrator
Brite Voice Systems, Inc.
PH      (316) 631-3059
FAX     (316) 652-6800