Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: ICSA: Feet to the fire (wall) again. [long]

From: "Huger, Alfred" <Alfred_Huger () NAI com>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 15:20:09 -0700

-----Original Message-----
From: Jon McCown [SMTP:jmccown () icsa net]
Sent: Monday, October 05, 1998 3:19 PM
To:   'mjr () nfr net'
Cc:   'firewall-wizards () nfr net'; 'firewalls () lists gnac net'
Subject:      ICSA:  Feet to the fire (wall) again.  [long]

attack that shoves something through-- the product fails.   No, we don't
then
have a beer and then
post it to BUGTRAQ [3]... we ... talk with the vendor about
decertification
[4] (muhahaha).

        [Huger, Alfred]  That's an interesting assertion which begs the
question: Has anyone, during the entire time you have certified products,
been decertified? And do you, in the case of decertification, have any
process by which you would inform the public of this vendors lapse? More
importantly perhaps, has anyone who has submitted their product for testing
ever been failed and refused certification?