Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: icmp scans

From: Adam Shostack <adam () homeport org>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 09:22:03 -0500

A fellow named Anthony Osborne published a paper in AUUG'98 on
fingerprinting systems by their response to ICMP packets.  (Various
systems return more or less of packet, and I think he found other
things.)  This may be whats happening to you.  I don't have a copy of
the paper, if someone has an URL, I'd appriciate it.

Adam

--
                                                       -Hume