Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Uni

From: Gigi Sullivan <sullivan () seclab com>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 1998 13:15:17 +0100 (CET)

Hello there :)

Date: Mon, 2 Nov 1998 12:09:21 -0800
From: Allan Whittaker <apw1 () ukc ac uk>
To: firewall-wizards () nfr net
Subject: Uni

I'm at uni and there is a firewall which stops most ports.
Anyone know of a way to get progs like mirc working which goes through port 6667 which is stopped.
I get lonely.
Any help would be appreciated

Well, if there's a SOCKS server on you firewall and if you're allowed to
connect to just configure your mIRC to use that SOCKS server.
This should be the easiest way, even if your administrator doesn't allow
to ya to use stuff like mIRC there could be a reason.
Just ask him about that :)

Many thanks.
Allan.

bye bye

                        -- gg sullivan

--
Lorenzo Cavallaro
Intesis SECURITY LAB            Phone: +39-2-671563.1