Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: How do we do our job?

From: Damir Rajnovic <Damir.Rajnovic () eurocert net>
Date: Fri, 1 May 1998 15:48:56 +0100

At 6:50 -0700 30/4/98, Bennett Todd wrote:
In fact, I've never seen a job advert for anyone doing anything like the
work I do. Where do people advertise for security analysts and senior
systems analysts? I've only heard of positions via word of mouth, and
the mouths whose words I listen to have never mentioned certifications
as a desireable job qualification.

Although I do agree with you there is a place for such positions
<http://query.jobserve.com/>

Search for security and ....

Results 1-20 of 359 matching some of the query terms, best matches first.

Security Analyst
      Client Facing, Internet, Security Products/Methods & Protocols.

Security Analyst
      You will be asked to provide effective management, administration,
      monitoring and reporting of all
      remote access to the clients systems and to provide effective management,
      administration, monitoring
      and reporting of Internet access and Firewalls.

Security Architect
      7 years plus experience, strong background in security design. Excellent
      knowledge of
      government/MOD security. General design experience. Influence customer
      security. Pragmatic
      approach.

IT Security Vacancies
      I have over 30 positions for IT Security Consultants experienced in any of
      the following: Access
      control, Virus detection, network security, Firewalls, electronic
      commerce, encryption and
      penetration testing.
etc, etc....

Cheers,

Gaus

P.S.

I have no affiliation with JobServe

EuroCERT                                tel: (+44 1235) 822 382
c/o UKERNA                              fax: (+44 1235) 822 398
Atlas Centre
Chilton, Didcot
Oxfordshire OX11 0QS, UK