Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Lotus Notes question

From: Michael Grundy <grundym () us ibm com>
Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 08:27:29 -0400

A quick question: does Lotus Notes use only one connection <snip>
you only need to allow access to port 1352

1352 should be all you need, unless your client is confused about the source
port for the return conversation. Personally I like to set our clients up using
the Notes RPC proxy option. (Edit current ->Web Proxy->Notes RPC proxy) This
will do a SSL tunnel to a Notes server accross a http proxy.

Thanks,
Mike

Michael Grundy    internet: grundym () us ibm com
Systems Management Technical Support
IBM Global Services - Service Delivery Center North
The opinions expressed here are not necessarily those of my employer or even
right

owner-firewall-wizards () nfr net on 05/22/98 08:09:58 AM
Please respond to ge () progressive-systems com