Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Q> FW-1 and OSPF

From: Leslie Jay <elljay () usa net>
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 1998 05:07:42

Greetings, Everyone,

I tried searching the firewall mailing list archive for
information using OSPF and FW-1, but came up zip.  I hope
some guys out there will help me with this.

Some background
---------------
I am brought in to help this company install and configure a
Checkpoint FW-1 in the following scenario.

  to other nets

     ------
     Router
     ------

   +--------+
   |  FW-1  |
   +--------+

 +-----+----+---------+
 |          |         |
------   localnet  ------
Router             Router
------             ------

They use OSPF for the routers to exchange information.
And are concerned if putting the FW-1 in between
the routers will break the OSPF protocol or not.

My concern is although FW-1 knows about OSPF, (since it
is already in the list of services), whether it will
be as simple as adding the service in the allow list
of the rule.

Would appreciate any info/experience you can share with me.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

/calvin