Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: PC Extender

From: jcarson () mail ameritel net (Smartronix)
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 12:26:29 -0400

Hassan,

  I was not impressed with PCExtender.  I support an implementation of 30+
firewalls (configuration management nightmare!).  We use V-One's Smartpass
for text-based VPN access to the firewall.  Currently, Smartpass does not
support the GUI, you would think TIS would know better than using random
port numbers.  So for access to the GUI, we establish a Gauntlet VPN from
each firewall to a trusted management network at our central site.

Joe

W. Joe Carson
Senior Network Engineer
Smartronix, Inc.
** Insert disclaimer of choice here...  **