Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Best Practice for preparing an NT box for firewall-1 installation

From: Riccardo Fontana <rfontana () intesis it>
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 1998 10:24:40 +0200

You can find many enteresting links at this site:

http://www.you.ne.jp/younet/inet/sec-l-nt.html

Personally i followed the second in the list:

"The Hardening of windows NT 4.0" by Micheal Espinola.

In his document i found some good hints about hardening the Registry.

Good works.

p.s.: i think that for some NT firewall system (like Raptor Eagle)
there is no need (or at least minimal need) of hardening the NT
environment, because is the firewall software that work also in that
direction (by escluding all non-necessary services, bindings ecc.)

Itai Dor-on wrote:

I assume this subject was discussed & analyzed several times
on various firewall mailing lists.

Does anyone know a where can I find such guidelines in respect to
minimal services, Os hardening, etc.

I thank anyone in advance for a quick response.

Cheers,
Itai Dor-on

--
Riccardo Fontana
Intesis SECURITY LAB            Phone: +39-2-671563.1