Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: BGP/gated on solaris with fw-1

From: "Peter J. Cherny" <peterc () luddite com au>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 23:36:09 -1000

At 13:14 20/01/98 -0500, Jacqueline Kim wrote:
Does anyone know if gated has to be loaded first on the solaris before
fw-1 is >installed and if there are some problems with this configuration.
I need to >install gated but I have never done this before on a box that
has a firewall >running.

gated is a daemon running as a user process with privileges to allow it to
update routing tables and use a low port or two.

As long your FW-1 rules open the various bits and pieces that allow
RIP/OSPF/BGP
etc. in and/or out, it's no different from in.rdisc/in.routed et al from
S69inet.

pjc

p.s. I'm running gated as a cleverer routed at a number of sites, it lets
me setup lots of route filtering (and trashing <g>).