Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: encapsulated protocols?

From: "Larry J. Hughes Jr." <larry () nwnet net>
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 1998 17:41:43 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 5 Feb 1998, Adam Shostack wrote:
Checkpoint has 50% of the market, and they see
a much larger customer demand for NT based firewalls.  I see NT as not
yet ready for prime time in the security domain.)

Actually, Raptor has a larger market share than Checkpoint on the NT side
of the house, which is where all of the volume is these days.

Furthermore, NT as "not yet ready for prime time" is really an academic
point, since at the end of the day, the customer rules.  As of today, 80%
of our firewall customers prefer NT as a firewall base.  I'll reserve my
comments on that in this public forum.

---
Larry J. Hughes Jr.    larry () nwnet net     http://www.nwnet.net/~larry/