Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

PPTP and tunneling PPTP trough other protocols...

From: Firewalls <Firewall () exchange ware net>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 19:12:57 -0800

With all the talk of PPTP and its lack of security, plus my general
distrust for NT's robustness when left naked (without hardened firewall)
on the net itself, I'm interested in tunneling PPTP through another
protocol (such as SSH). Preferably one which is not export controlled,
and will allow me a simple way to traverse a hardened firewall.

I'm curious if anyone has had any experience with this, and if they
would like to shed some light on it.

The difficulties I see are with encapsulating the GRE packets, as well
as the UDP ones.

TIA,
Lance