Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

PIX Firewall - Static NAT Entries

From: "Matthew D. White" <matt () cyberplex com>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 1998 21:15:35 -0500

We have a PIX firewall, version 4(1)6 software.  I would like to be able to
translate a valid registered range of external IPs (ex. 207/24) to another
range of valid external IPs (ex. 209/24) then the 209/24 IPs translate to
private internal network numbers going out the inside interface.  Currently
the 207/24's
translate to our 10/16 private network numbers.  I would like to
do this because our zone files have an expiry time far too high, and we will
be losing the 207/24 before the expiry period of the zone files.  I have of
course now changed the zone file TTL but I would like to have all our 207's
translate via the PIX to our new 209's so that the transition will be
seemless.

Does anyone know if this is possible?
I experimented with options for the static command, and added conduits for
the static entries as
well, but with no luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, please don't reply only to the list
or I will not receive the email.

Thank you very much.

matt