Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: hping

From: Salvatore Sanfilippo <antirez () seclab com>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 13:04:56 +0100

On Tue, Dec 15, 1998 at 02:37:55PM +0300, ark () eltex ru wrote:

nuqneH,

Darren Reed <darrenr () reed wattle id au> said :

The cool thing about tools such as hping is what can be achieved through
those hosts acting as routers with Firewall-1 installed.

Creating dynamic filtering rules to pass through "interesting" things ;)?

The next step with hping is, I think, even more interesting than what
can be seen with this (hint: hack on another very commonly used tool
like ping).

ipsend seems to be enough ;)

Try new hping (http://www.kyuzz.org/antirez), it can bind ctrl+z to
ttl or destination port. With hping i have not invented none news, but try
to use ipsend instead of normal ping and traceroute utility...
it's uncomfortable.

antirez

--
Salvatore Sanfilippo
Intesis SECURITY LAB            Phone: +39-02-671563.1