Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: IDS outside of firewall?

From: "Ryan Russell" <ryanr () sybase com>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 1998 12:41:56 -0700

Sorry, didn't mean to imply that outside is the best
or only place to put one...  You just asked if there
was any use to it.

If I only get one, I think I'd like it on the inside.

Naturally, you want two.. inside and outside,
that coordinate with each other in some way.
(I'm sure the vendors would be heartbroken
to have to sell twice as many.)

Marcus, you're in a good postion to comment...
If I only have budget for one, where's the best
place to put it?

               Ryan

Jennifer Galvin <jgalvin () digex net> on 08/03/98 12:20:17 PM