Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

VPN Eagle to IBM

From: "Garbrick, Randy" <rgarb () data-io com>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 1998 10:13:57 -0800

I am trying to set up an IPSEC tunnel between my Raptor Eagle UNIX 4.0
firewall and a consultant's IBM firewall.  Has anyone done this before?
The Raptor end is easy, there is field to enter each setting.  The IBM
however, requires you to enter only some of the fields, and then it
automatically generates a tunnel "export" file which has all of the
information for tunnel, but without any field labels.  Does anyone know
the field format for the IBM "tunnel export" files?  I can try to guess,
but there is already a low likelyhood of success that I would like to
have as much info as possible.  The end result that I would like, is to
have a tunnel that connects one machine on their network to a test
machine on mine.

Thanks,

Randy Garbrick
Data I/O Corp.