Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Frame relay security

From: Rick Smith <rick_smith () securecomputing com>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 16:57:05 -0500

I wrote:

I think this hits the nail squarely on the head. If the data owner believes
that attackers have the means and motive to intercept their traffic as it
traverses public telecom networks, then additional security is warranted.
If the data owner doesn't believe the attackers' benefits will outweigh
their costs, then encryption is unnecessary.