Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Penetration Tests

From: "Paul D. Robertson" <proberts () clark net>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 1997 20:37:33 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 25 Sep 1997, Edward Cracknell wrote:

I'd really like some input regarding penetration tests. Internal and
External. If you have tools, documentation or a template for considerations

For tools, look at the Bugtraq archives, and Phrack.  Go to your favorite
Web *and* FTP search engines, and search on some of the words and
packages therein.  You'll eventually come by some sites that have a load
of attack tools.  Expect to spend a day to a day and a half to get a
good collection of the harder to find stuff.  Hobbit's netcat is also a
good tool for scripting tests.  I've yet to see a good packet generator for testing
FO=1 TCP packets and things like that however.  The alternative is to purchase the
commercial scanners, which may or may not be what you're looking for.

HTH,

Paul
Paul D. Robertson      "My statements in this message are personal opinions
proberts () clark net      which may have no basis whatsoever in fact."
                                                                     PSB#9280