Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: MISSI X31 results

From: Alfred Huger <ahuger () silence secnet com>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 1997 16:08:20 -0600 (MDT)

that it is taking as long as it is.

On an upbeat note, from what I have seen so far, I think that they do
an excellent job in producing their reports.  Good content, IMO.

Best Regards,

I have to agree with you. The work I have seen from the X31 group far
outstrips that of other Firewall testing 'authorities' I have seen. I
admit that this surprised me given that the X31 team is gov't based and I
tend to hold a dim view of such agencies and computer security.

In any event, I spoke to someone in the X31 group about the Firewall-1
review. The response was that they had finished the report and were
looking at posting it after one of their engineers got back from holidays.
I believe the date was slated at sometime in the next few weeks.

Alfred Huger                                    http://www.secnet.com/ballista
Project Director                                ahuger () secnet com
Secure Networks Inc. (SNI)