Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

R: New ftp behavior

From: "Franco RUGGIERI" <fruggieri () selfin net>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 1997 16:37:16 +0100

Wyllys,
help me understand: a firewall proxy should be alerted because an FTP
server, right the one he just interrogated in PASV mode, replies by giving
the port to which ask for data?
*This* does look to me to be a poorly designed firewall (IMHO, of course).
If a firewall, whose proxy requests a PASV FTP, cannot handle it...
Please show me I'm wrong: I love to learn!

Franco RUGGIERI
fruggieri () selfin net