Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Novell BorderManager

From: Tyrrell Kevin <tyrrell () foremostsales com>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 1997 13:31:01 -0500

Has anyone had any experience with Novell's BorderManager product? I am
specifically interested in its use as a bastion host between the
Internet and an internal network.

I asked this question a couple of months ago and didn't get much of a
response. Some of the responses said BorderManager isn't recognized as a
firewall product. However it provides application proxies, a circuit
level gateway, packet filtering and VPN. Novell also offers trade-in
upgrades to BorderManager from several of the top tier "big name"
firewall products. So I feel it does have some firewall characteristics.
How good these characteristics are is what I am trying to find out.

Thanks,

Kevin