Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Re: cost of frame relay snooping

From: "Krammes,Jim" <jim.krammes () cnalife com>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 1997 08:31:12 -0600

A company called EmCom out of Plano TX makes a box called a NET/QC which
is capable of real-time frame grabbing off of frame-relay (and HDLC,
too) lines. It is intrusive (requires a V.35 T-Cable and retiming
module) and obviously requires physical access. Our 12-line system cost
us around $100,000US.

There is a portable version available that's presumably less expensive.

- Jim

V. James Krammes
Manager, Network Development
CNA Life Insurance Companies