Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Off-topic: VPNs and MS clients

From: David Collier-Brown <davecb () canada sun com>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 07:26:23 -0500

[Marcus: I'm not sure this is close enough to discuss in the group]

  I've been asked about use of various VPN products (which do
have to traverse the firewall) with unmodified Microsoft client
software.
  I know Sun's free SKIP distribution can be installed on Win 95,
but am more interested in the problem in general: has anyone used ssh
or any other well-known VPN with unmodified MS products?

  As this is somewhat off-topic, reply directly to me at
davecb () canada sun com and I'll summarize to the list.

--dave
--
Willowdale, Ontario   | davecb () hobbes ss org, canada.sun.com
M2N 1Y3. 416-223-8968 | http://java.science.yorku.ca/~davecb