Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Mac as web server

From: Matthew Lyle <matt () nova org>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 1997 11:24:41 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 10 Dec 1997, Jyri Kaljundi wrote:

On 8 Dec 1997, BVE wrote:

No OS is invulnerable.  Macs *have* received less attention than Unix and PCs.

With Mac's I believe the issue is they have less networking functionality
compared to Unix/NT. I have not used a Mac for about 5 years, but as I
have understood the networking is really limited. So there is nothing to
attack at the operating system networking level.

It's not a matter of functionality, you can do most anything with a Mac
you can with a PC, just that there are very few network services that have
to be active for the system to operate as a web server.