Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Staff Directory on Web

From: Ronald Loneker <rloneker () STEU EDU>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2021 09:51:04 -0400

Good Morning -

I'm a little late in seeing this email but we just moved our directory last
year to inside our new portal.

Phishing was a big reason but us being bombarded by vendors trying to get
their business was another huge reason.  Our cabinet made the decision, I
believe, after getting feedback from IT and others.

We already had a number of department email addresses for administrative
offices so it still is easy for people to reach out.  If we didn't have a
department email address, we created one.

For any students looking to reach faculty, there are Meet Our Faculty pages
so students can see the full time faculty and, if they are interested in
speaking to someone, there is the department email address they can reach
out to.

I have still come across one or two Meet the Team pages that do have
individual contact information but that's not the norm - I'm sure sooner or
later those may disappear.

From an IT perspective, the calls that started in one office and moved to
another office and then another office in IT when a soliciting vendor
couldn't reach someone - those have stopped.

Ron Loneker, Jr.
Director, IT Special Projects
Saint Elizabeth University
Mahoney Library
2 Convent Road
Morristown, NJ  07960

On Thu, Jun 24, 2021 at 1:57 PM Barton, Robert W. <bartonrt () lewisu edu>