Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

[ALL-LISTS] Reminder: Action-Needed | EDUCAUSE Community Groups

From: Mairéad Martin (she/her) <mmartin () EDUCAUSE EDU>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2021 15:09:53 +0000

Hello again EDUCAUSE Community Group subscribers!

If you don’t want to lose access to your community group lists, please review the following dates and details to help
you prepare for the launch of our new platform—EDUCAUSE
Connect<https://www.educause.edu/community/educause-connect>—which will replace our current email list system for
EDUCAUSE Community Groups.

  *   Today, September 22: Last Chance to Create an EDUCAUSE Profile and Not Lose Your Lists
     *   An EDUCAUSE Profile will be required to log in to EDUCAUSE Connect and use all of its features. Anyone can
create an EDUCAUSE Profile and use EDUCAUSE Connect, regardless of membership status.

     *   If you don’t have a profile yet, be sure to create an EDUCAUSE
Profile<https://ams.educause.edu/eweb/MemberPage.aspx?WebCode=MyInformation&Site=edu> by 11:59 p.m. ET tonight to be
able to log in to the platform and continue to receive your community group email notifications when the platform
officially launches on September 28.

     *   If you use a different email address from your EDUCAUSE Profile email for your CG subscriptions, please
complete this
form<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe-BJ7EtITQLDBiHVOYs2lHaEaQaSzmlkGeaslqAL4iXiq3Bg/viewform?usp=sf_link>
by 11:59 p.m. ET tonight. We will use this information to properly map your Community Group subscriptions so you don’t
lose your lists. If we don’t receive this information, you will need to resubscribe to your communities of interest
when the platform is available.

  *   September 23: New Subscription Functionality Closes
Blackout period begins for new CG subscriptions via the old email listserv.

  *   September 27 (Evening): CG Email Communication Functionality Closes
Communication via your current CG email listserv address will sunset the evening prior to launch of EDUCAUSE Connect.

  *   September 28: EDUCAUSE Connect Launch Date
     *   Beginning this date, everyone with an EDUCAUSE Profile will start receiving their community group emails from
the new platform and can log in and use all of the features of EDUCAUSE Connect.

o    Add @ConnectedCommunity.org to your safe senders list to make sure email communications from the new platform
reach your inbox.

EDUCAUSE has an extensive promotional plan to help make sure you’re prepared for the launch of EDUCAUSE Connect, and
because of this, you may receive several similar emails from us. Please stay tuned for these communications and
additional details, including our announcement when EDUCAUSE has officially launched.

If you have any questions, please contact our Membership Team<mailto:membership () educause edu>.

Best regards,

Mairéad

P.S. A sneak peek of EDUCAUSE Connect<https://youtu.be/Hj8O_V0gmos> is available. We’ve also put together this
webpage<https://www.educause.edu/community/educause-connect> that includes highlights of the platform and what you need
to do to get ready.

If you’d like to unsubscribe from a Community Group, visit the Community Groups web
page<https://www.educause.edu/community> and select the Join/Leave button for your group. View additional details
here<https://www.educause.edu/community/about-community-groups#join>.

Mairéad Martin
Vice President and Chief Information Officer

EDUCAUSE<http://www.educause.edu/>
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good
1150 18th St. NW, Suite 750 Washington, DC  20036

Become a Member
Everyone at your organization is an EDUCAUSE member when you join
Discover membership<https://www.educause.edu/about/discover-membership> – benefits include event discounts, a vast
library of resources, and valuable peer networks