Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: MS Deprecation Basic Authentication

From: Julian Y Koh <kohster () NORTHWESTERN EDU>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2021 21:37:31 +0000

On Aug 26, 2021, at 11:05, Cole, Kade <kcole () SIUE EDU<mailto:kcole () SIUE EDU>> wrote:

I use modern auth with Mac mail. It should work fine. Here is Appleā€™s document on it.
https://support.apple.com/guide/deployment-reference-ios/integrating-with-microsoft-exchange-apd46055de62/web

I also use Apple Mail with our M365 instance with Modern Auth.  It has its quirks and annoyances, but so does Outlook
(and to be fair, MS is doing a better job of fixing said annoyances than Apple has been recently).  Will be happy to
expound in my regular curmudgeonly way if anyone is interested.  :)

--
Julian Y. Koh
Director, Telecommunications and Network Services

2020 Ridge Avenue #331
Evanston, IL 60208
+1-847-467-5780
Northwestern IT Web Site: <https://www.it.northwestern.edu/>