Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

EDR Solutions

From: Mattehew Prescott <matt.prescott () ACU EDU>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2021 10:49:52 -0600

I know this thread has been done a few times. But I have a few questions?
What really is EDR? What value does it bring to an AV solution? Is it just
a buzzword?
Currently, we have Sophos InterceptX w/o EDR. We are looking for an AV
solution for both endpoints and servers(not resource heavy). What would you
suggest?

Thanks,
Matt Prescott, Security Analyst
Information Technology