Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Security Awareness General Student Requirement/Availability Survey

From: Larry Carson <larry.carson () TJC EDU>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2021 17:41:08 +0000

Thank you to all who participated!

As I received requests for the results, I thought I would post them here for the broader community.

Topic: Security Awareness Training/Education for the "general student population" in higher education

Question 1: Does your institution require it? (Yes 9.5%) (No 90.5%)

Question 2: Does your institution offer it? (Yes 48%) (No 52%)

According to comments provided

1) Several institutions have or are considering integrating security awareness training into new student orientation.

2) Half of the respondents said they are exploring/planning/attempting to offer or require security awareness training
for students

3) An issue in optional security awareness training is participation and incentives are being explored.

4) Most security awareness training was described as 30-minute trainings or co-curricular.

As I continue my studies and pursuing this interest in seeing security awareness incorporated for all students in
higher education I hope to improve upon the survey and make it available again from time to time.

Again, thank you!

Larry Carson

Office of Technology Services
903.510.2989

[TJC Logo]<http://www.tjc.edu/>

PO Box 9020, Tyler, TX 75711
1400 East Fifth St., Tyler, TX 75798

Attention: The information contained in this message and/or attachments is intended only for the person or entity to
which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or nonpublic material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination
or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the
intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from
any system and destroy any copies.