Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Addendum to the "student systems and NIST 800-171" thread

From: Harry Hoffman <hhoffman () IP-SOLUTIONS NET>
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2021 10:46:59 -0500

Hi All,

I'm separating out this message because I believe that a previous
offering got lost in the volume of the other thread. There was
considerable interest in my offer to start a working group, however...

Carolyn Ellis, from Purdue, was kind enough to point out that she has
an existing resource in the form of a Slack channel:
https://join.slack.com/t/higheredcui/shared_invite/zt-85ejtzxi-5cm7uUs9bZLk0HnHhTt12A

As Carolyn states they  already have a community of 350+ members
talking about the more common side of CUI  & regulated research
programs. This seems like a great place to start (Thank you
Carolyn!!!). If you chose to join please follow the guidelines to sign
up as your “First Name Last Name (Institution)”.

If that doesn't work for folks please let me know. I'd hate to
recreate or splinter off an already established resource. And if
there's interest in a working group to provide artifacts or guidance
(or just to swap stories) we can likely do so in this venue. Please
let me know your thoughts.

Cheers,
Harry