Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Feedback on threatpost article: University Email Hijacking Attacks Push Phishing, Malware

From: Alex Keller <axkeller () STANFORD EDU>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2020 22:10:55 +0000

hi Jim et al,

Thanks for sending this over. Threatpost article is just a synopsis of the Inky.com marketing report found here:
https://www.inky.com/hubfs/2020%20Report%20Hijacked%20University%20Accounts.pdf

Very curious how Inky is collecting these emails (to: field is redacted in their screenshots), how they compiled these
statistics, and if they bothered to reach out to any of the schools during the course of their research.

At first glance I am concerned with the approach.

Best,
Alex

Alex Keller
StanfordĀ | Engineering