Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

[EdTalks] IT Security & SOC by Barnard College, Columbia University, Stevens Institute of Technology and The Juilliard School

From: Lilly Berkley <lilly.berkley () CAMPUSCONSORTIUM ORG>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2020 18:49:36 +0100

Colleagues,

Please join Christine Whalley, Director, Information Security at Barnard College, Columbia University; Tej Patel, Chief
Information Officer at Stevens Institute of Technology; Steve Doty, Chief Technology Officer at The Juilliard School;
and Karl Horvath, Ph.D., President at Campus Consortium on “IT Security & SOC by Barnard College, Columbia University,
Stevens Institute of Technology and The Juilliard School” on Thursday, October 29, 2020, from 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm ET.

Register here for free: [https://bit.ly/3i0oSV9] (only 100 seats available – first come, first serve)

This EdTalk is free for all EDUCAUSE members. Vendors are also welcome.

Christine, Tej, Steve and Karl will discuss:
The after-effects of Covid-19 will leave a long-lasting effect in higher education teaching and learning methodology.
As we move to online platforms, cyber threats and risks to network security increase exponentially. We must improve and
safeguard our teaching, learning and remote working environments, and leveraging a 24×7 Security Operations Center is a
crucial first step in that direction.

Why you should consider attending:
Join us for an insightful discussion about how Covid-19 has changed and modeled the dynamics of IT security for higher
education in 2020. Learn from the experiences shared by IT leaders from higher education institutions in leveraging a
24×7 Security Operations Center as a step towards strengthening IT security at their campus.

Past Campus Consortium EdTalks:
Columbia University, Wharton Online & University of Illinois at Chicago [ https://bit.ly/3gTb12R ]
EDUCAUSE and NASFAA [ https://bit.ly/3gTb12R ]
Cisco® [ https://bit.ly/3gTb12R ]

Thank you.

Regards,
Lilly Berkley| Manager, Community Engagement
Campus Consortium