Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Policy Approval Process

From: "King, Ronald A." <raking () NSU EDU>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2020 18:52:13 +0000

Good day colleagues!

We have run into a challenge in our policy approval process for IT polices. I am requesting your input on the following
questions:

  *   What is your approval process for IT Security Policies?
  *   Do you approve each one or is there a blanket policy?
  *   Does IT have permission to develop, approve and enforce enterprise wide policies?
  *   Does your Office of General Counsel review and approve the polices?
  *   Do you have a third party review the polices for "legal sufficiency?"

Please feel free to reach out to me directly.

Thank you very much for any input!!
Ron

Ronald King
Director of OIT Security

Office of Information Technology
(757) 823-3918 (Office)
raking () nsu edu<mailto:raking () nsu edu>
www.nsu.edu<http://www.nsu.edu/>
@NSUCISO (Twitter)
[NSU_logo_horiz_tag_4c - Smaller]