Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Cyberinfrastructure/cybersecurity workshop, August 18 and 20, Registeration will close soon.

From: "Stone, Todd A" <toddston () IU EDU>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2020 17:58:06 +0000

Colleagues,

Response from the community has been overwhelming.  To reduce technology
risk and ensure we maintain the desired nature of the workshop, registration
will close at 5:00 PM Eastern on 10 August or when we reach 250 registrants.

We plan to record all talks and provide links to slide decks.

This unique event will focus on the cybersecurity and cyberinfrastructure
needs of research facilities and projects. This is a "how-to" event designed
to provide actionable strategies, tactics, and techniques. Registration is
limited to 250 so as to maximize connection and interaction, and will
include interactive training, breakout discussions, a virtual "hallway" for
networking, and "office hours."

When: August 18 and 20, 2020. 11:00 AM - 5:00 PM Eastern Time.

This is event is sponsored by:

 <https://researchsoc.iu.edu/> ResearchSOC: The NSF Security Operations
Center

 <https://cicoe-pilot.org/> CI CoE Pilot: The NSF Cyberinfrastructure Center
of Excellence Pilot

More information and register
<https://researchsoc.iu.edu/training/ci-cs-workshop.html> here (
<https://researchsoc.iu.edu/training/ci-cs-workshop.html>
https://researchsoc.iu.edu/training/ci-cs-workshop.html).

Additionally, we encourage you to consider attending the 2020 NSF
Cybersecurity Summit for Large Facilities and Cyberinfrastructure.
<https://www.trustedci.org/2020-nsf-summit>
https://www.trustedci.org/2020-nsf-summit .  The CI/CS workshop and the NSF
Summit are complementary events. Both address the topics of
cyberinfrastructure and cybersecurity.  Security Log Analysis training, long
featured at the NSF Summit, will also be available at the CI/CS workshop
this year. With the exception of this workshop, content and format differ.
The CI/CS Workshop is a series of short talks, open forums/office hours, and
one panel. Both events are of value to cybersecurity and cyberinfrastructure
professionals supporting NSF research, and both would make excellent
elements to include in a professional development and training program.

Todd A. Stone M.A., MAJ USAR (Ret.).

Manager, Cybersecurity Communications

Information Technology Communications Office
Office of the Vice President for Information Technology

Indiana University
224.374.5489 (mobile)