Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Banner Single Sign On via Azure AD with 2FA

From: "Hart, Michael" <mhart20 () MSUDENVER EDU>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2020 22:17:33 +0000

My applications services team (Not members of this constituent group) reached out to some peers on another forum.  I
thought I would forward to this group to see if there were any member experienced with this, who would be willing to
provide some input.  If so, please let me know and I can share their contact info.

Here's the message from our Applications Services director:

Hi folks,

We're working to diagnose a configuration challenge in our environment, and curious if any other schools are currently
using AzureAD to authenticate Banner sessions via SAML2. The auth is working well, but we're struggling to manage
session timeouts in a way that doesn't prematurely end Office 365 sessions as well.

Is anyone else leveraging this configuration, and if so, could we schedule some time to chat?

Mike Hart  | CISO, Director of ITS Security and Asset Management
Metropolitan State University of Denver
Information Technology Services
Campus Box 96, P.O. Box 173362, Denver, CO 80217-3362
Admin Building - 1201 5th Street 480Z1  Denver, CO 80204
303-615-0541 (Office)
303-352-7548 (Help Desk)
mhart20 () msudenver edu<mailto:mhart20 () msudenver edu> |
www.msudenver.edu/technology<http://www.msudenver.edu/technology>

[University_Formal_2CPos184x]