Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Remote domain joined computer updates

From: Blake Brown <Blake.Brown () MHCC EDU>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2020 18:05:15 +0000

Good afternoon,

We have run into an issue with staff who are using domain joined Windows computers at home due to COVID who cannot get
Windows/AV updates due to GPO's, these users are not VPN users.

One option is to ask them to return periodically to the campus for updates but I think we all know how that will play
out. We would like to minimize our VPN/DUO licensing cost if possible, so we are looking for alternatives to meet this
need. How is your college handling this?

Thanks,
Blake Brown
Infrastructure Manager