Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Cyber security risk component in job description

From: Andrea Childress <000000959e82509d-dmarc-request () LISTSERV EDUCAUSE EDU>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2020 14:19:09 +0000

At the University of Nebraska we added the following two statements to all ITS job descriptions:

     *   Under the direction of and in partnership with the NU Security team, implement and maintain security
strategies, policies, and standards to protect University assets.
     *   Responsible for actively researching and reviewing security practices to make recommendations based on
institutional risk and operational impact.
Soon we'll be completing performance evaluations in which these items will be discussed and formally documented. I'm
anxious to learn if they have made an impact on improving our cybersecurity expectations and outcomes.

Best,
Andrea

Andrea Childress
University of Nebraska Assistant Vice President Information Technology Services
UNK Chief Information Officer
114 Otto Olsen, 68849
2508 12th Ave, Kearney, NE 68849
308-865-8789