Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

HECVAT Tool with Current Vendors

From: Ronald Loneker <rloneker () CSE EDU>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2020 11:39:48 -0500

Good Morning -

We recently were made aware of, and decided to start using, the HECVAT tool
with new vendors we use for future projects.

I'm wondering whether we should go back to our current vendors offering
cloud applications and have them complete the tool even though we're
existing customers.

Just asking for thoughts and whether anyone has done this before and gotten
a lot of pushback from existing vendors.

I think our IT auditors would be pleased if we have this information
centralized.

Ron Loneker, Jr.
Director, IT Special Projects
College of Saint Elizabeth
Mahoney Library
2 Convent Road
Morristown, NJ  07960

Phone:  973-290-4229

e-mail:  rloneker () cse edu

*CSE's IT department will never ask for your password, social security
number or other personal information in an e-mail message.*
*Please do not share any information with others!*