Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Long term telework - how to handle computers off active directory for +30 days with no VPN

From: Francisco Chavez <fac3 () STMARYS-CA EDU>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2020 12:46:48 -0700

Jim,

What you could do is setup an RDP remote access gateway. You can use GPO to allow your users RDP access to their
workstation.  Then create a firewall rule and corresponding DNS record for your new gateway. With manage engine you can
get the computer DNS names and send those to the users. Or you can write a powershell script to do a WMI query for
username and find out that way. This is essentially the strategy we took to provide remote workstation access for about
300 workstations.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Francisco Chavez