Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Security Design Review for EdPuzzle

From: Beth Albertson <albertb3 () WWU EDU>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2020 23:44:41 +0000

Hi,

We have been experiencing a few rush requests for new applications as we transfer to online learning in response to the
coronavirus outbreak.  One of these is Edpuzzle, and the instructor wants to integrate it with Canvas, our LMS.  We
have been using the Hecvat to screen new products, and asked the vendor to fill it out, but they are inundated with new
clients and have not responded.  I wanted to ask if anyone is using Edpuzzle at their school, and if so, have they done
a security design review on the product or have anything they can comment on regarding the security of the product?

Sincerely,

Beth Albertson, CISSP(r), PMP(r)
Director of Information Security
Western Washington University
beth.albertson () wwu edu<mailto:beth.albertson () wwu edu>
(360) 650-4472