Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: [SECURITY] covid19 phishing scams

From: Angel Howard <alhoward () GEORGIASOUTHERN EDU>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2020 12:52:41 -0400

We have seen an uptick in phishing attempts as well.  Nothing super fancy,
just the regular stuff.  In terms of phishing campaigns, we are educating
our leadership and sending the message down stream.  For an actual phishing
strategy using corona as a target....not sure how much buy in we would get
and if would do more harm than good as it relates to trust from our users
with IT and Security.

Would be interesting to see if anyone else is using this as leverage.

-Angel