Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: [EXT] [SECURITY] Conference in April -- concerns?

From: Orlando Leon <oleon () CSUFRESNO EDU>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2020 14:56:44 -0800

Jerry,

Thank you for taking the step and the courage to respond in the manner in
which you did.  This is obviously a very sensitive topic to many, and I
hope we can all continue to focus as much as possible on the facts of the
current matter.  There are plenty of news articles and blogs about this how
COVID-19 is causing negative perceptions or actions towards certain
demographics.

Here's a CDC encouragement that touches a little on this topic:
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/share-facts.html?CDC_AA_refVal=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cdc.gov%2Fcoronavirus%2F2019-ncov%2Fabout%2Fshare-facts-stop-fear.html

Regards,

Orlando

---

*#CyberAware #Privacy #IdentityTheft *

Shred it or regret it! Dispose of sensitive data properly to deter dumpster
diving criminals.

*Remember: The Fresno State IT team will never ask for your password.*

---

*Orlando Leon*
*Vice President for Information Technology and Chief Information Officer*
*California State University, Fresno*

*559.278.7280 (Office) | oleon () csufresno edu <oleon () csufresno edu>*

*Please note****All information in this communication, including
attachments are strictly confidential and intended solely for delivery to
and authorized use by the addressee(s) identified above, and may contain
privileged, confidential information. If you are not the intended
recipient, please take notice that any use, distribution, or copying of
this communication is unauthorized and may be unlawful.  If you have
received this communication in error, please notify the sender and delete
this communication from your computer.*