Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

ResearchSOC Webinar: How to select and use operational cybersecurity metrics to make cybersecurity operations more effective

From: "Stone, Todd A" <toddston () IU EDU>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2020 14:14:18 +0000

This webinar may be of interest to members of the community

.

ResearchSOC, the NSF-funded security operations center, announces the
following webinar:

"How to select and use operational cybersecurity metrics to make
cybersecurity operations more effective"

March 19th, 2020, 3pm Eastern

When it comes to cybersecurity programs supporting science projects, how do
we know whether we've really accomplished anything?  How do we keep
ourselves honest, and demonstrate to stakeholders the value of our evolving
program?  This webinar discusses the role of operational metrics in a
cybersecurity program: how to select metrics to provide valuable information
and avoid perverse incentives, how to gather and use metrics effectively,
and how to create a culture of improvement that uses qualitative and
quantitative measures to stay on track.

Register here
https://iu.zoom.us/webinar/register/3115825518460/WN_ZSyp4huJSRGqN8Qf5GUYYA

Focused on the special needs of the research community, ResearchSOC's
webinars provide on-demand, how-to training for IT and cybersecurity
professionals supporting open science research projects.

More information and videos, slides, and handouts from past webinars at
researchsoc.iu.edu/webinars.

Todd A. Stone M.A., MAJ USAR (Ret.).

Manager, Cybersecurity Communications

Information Technology Communications Office
Office of the Vice President for Information Technology

Indiana University
224.374.5489 (mobile)