Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

DDOS Playbook from National Student Clearinghouse

From: John Ramsey <jramsey () STUDENTCLEARINGHOUSE ORG>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2019 17:57:39 +0000

Everybody,

I appreciate the interest in the playbooks and I will always share.  Throughout the next couple weeks, I'll send them
out to the DL one at a time.  If you don't receive them or wish something different, please feel free to email me
directly at jramsey () studentclearinghouse org<mailto:jramsey () studentclearinghouse org>.  I also appreciate any
feedback you have that can make these better.  No ego on my part, so please don't hold back.

Since there is a lot of people on this DL and if you don't wish to have a playbook, I would ask to just to delete them
(as I have no way to manipulate the DL.)

I'll continue to work with Brian to see if we can get these posted to Educause's Cyber resources section.  Until then,
I'll send out as they get touched up (without any intention of spamming the DL.)

John

Note:  Playbooks sent out so far today include Ransomware and DDOS.

John Ramsey, Chief Information Security Officer, National Student Clearinghouse
Certified:  CISSP, CISM, PMP, CSSLP, CRISC, CGEIT
2300 Dulles Station Blvd., Suite 220, Herndon, VA 20171
P: 703.742.4428  |   http://www.studentclearinghouse.org<http://www.studentclearinghouse.org/>
Read the Clearinghouse Today Blog<https://nscblog.org/>

Winner "2016 When Work Works" & "Excellence in Work-Life Balance"