Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Quick Survey - Security Benchmarks

From: "Barnes, Joe" <jdbarns1 () ILLINOIS EDU>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2019 21:01:58 +0000

Colleagues,

We are doing some self-reflection as it relates to benchmarking our Information Security/Cybersecurity function.  I was
hoping you could take a moment to answer the questions below and get them back to me by December 15.    Note if you
answer yes, I may follow up at a later date with some specific questions.

Does your information security/cybersecurity function do any benchmarking?

If yes:
What area(s) do you measure (spend, org structure, cost of impact, threat actors, vulnerabilities, security maturity,
or other)?

Whom do you benchmark against?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Joe

Joe Barnes, CISSP
Chief Privacy & Security Officer
jdbarns1 () illinois edu<mailto:jdbarns1 () illinois edu>