Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Request for External Link Warning Example

From: Benjamin Stein <bgstein () UCDAVIS EDU>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2019 19:19:39 +0000

Hello,

I'm wondering if someone can point me to educational institutions that have external links warnings which include
privacy warning language.  Something that might alert the user that while the educational institution isn't going to
collect and sell information about your interest in the some topic the site we are linking to might.

My google skills have shown me few edu institutions that have external link disclaimers and as yet none that have a
privacy warning.

This question arose from a discussion about a page offering external resources for common student health concerns.

Thanks

Benjamin Stein