Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Security Cameras

From: "Klingaman, Ryan" <rklingaman () CARROLL EDU>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2019 10:52:34 -0600

I was recently pointed in the direction of this solution which I have been
exploring a little:

https://www.verkada.com/

Ryan Klingaman

Enterprise Systems Manager

(406) 447-4434

Carroll College

1601 N. Benton Ave
<https://maps.google.com/?q=1601+N.+Benton+Ave%0D+Helena+MT+59625&entry=gmail&source=g>

Helena MT 59625
<https://maps.google.com/?q=1601+N.+Benton+Ave%0D+Helena+MT+59625&entry=gmail&source=g>

On Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 9:36 AM Ronald Loneker <rloneker () cse edu> wrote:

Good Morning -

I am working with our campus security department on upgrading our security
cameras on campus as part of a grant we received.

One of the vendors has proposed using cameras manufactured by Hikvision
and Dahua, two Chinese manufacturers.

Has anyone been involved with the deployment of cameras on campus that
have been manufactured in China from either of these vendors?  I'm
interested in your experiences with them and with the security of the
cameras themselves.

Thank you.

Ron Loneker, Jr.
Director, IT Special Projects