Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Azure MFA issues on Friday Morning 10/18

From: "Theodore J. August" <Theodore.August () SALVE EDU>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2019 14:24:04 +0000

Hello all:

Anyone having Azure MFA issues this morning?  Not receiving the codes or Authenticator notifications, and then you
receive the error “Sorry, we’re having trouble verifying your account.” I already opened a support ticket with
Microsoft, but it’s not showing up in our outage notifications.  Getting enough calls, and able to replicate
personally, so I’m pretty sure it’s not human error at this time.  I was able to cause it by simply trying to logon to
our tenant using a private browsing session in Firefox and Chrome.

Thanks for any feedback.

--
Ted August
Senior Network Administrator