Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

HIPAA and NIST 171 Crosswalk Mapping

From: Dewight Fredrick Kramer <dfkramer () UCDAVIS EDU>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2019 20:01:09 +0000

Hello,

I have been asked to developed a HIPAA – NISTSP 800-171 crosswalk for the controls that are required.  I did a quick
google search and did not find any direct mapping but I did see a possible path forward with using the NISTSP 800-66
and NIST SP800-171 and how they both map to NIST SP 800-53.  Before I endeavor on this task, I am reaching out to this
group to see if anyone has already created such a mapping or knows of one.  This would save many hours!

Thank you,

Dewight F. Kramer
Assistant CISO
University of California, Davis
One Shields Avenue
Davis, CA 95616
(530)752-1700
dfkramer () ucdavis edu<mailto:dfkramer () ucdavis edu>
http://security.ucdavis.edu<http://security.ucdavis.edu/>