Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Spike in O365 risky "unfamiliar" sign-ins?

From: Brandon Hume <brandon.hume () DAL CA>
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2019 02:32:01 +0000

On 2019-09-20 4:32 p.m., Frank Barton wrote:
We've had 10/10 compromised accounts today having been on the chegg
list. and a couple more that are targeted, but haven't gotten in.

Just at end-of-day, we had *hundreds* of accounts all being tested
within a half-hour, and all we examined closely appeared in the Chegg
breach.  The attacker(s) made themselves notable by bouncing through Tor.